Saturday, June 12, 2010

A day at the beach







I'm not gonna lie, this week has been tough. Whitney (my awesome roommate) and I have settled into our room, but that's about it. The spa isn't open so we've been working out of someone's bedroom (not kidding), we don't know anyone, I don't speak the language and it's hot. Things haven't exactly been going like I thought they would, but I think things are going to turn around - having the internet hooked up has been a great start!

Last Sunday we went to the beach, and it was just what I needed. Such a beautifuly day, hot but windy. The sand is so soft and the sky is so blue. After we went for a drive and got to see some of the outskirts of Dar. I can't really describe it other than HOLY CRAP I'M IN AFRICA!
Here are some of the highlights from this week:
eathing mishkake (BBQ meat)
listenning to an Indian House Band - and seeing the drunk guy at the table in front LOVING HIS LIFE



2 comments:

  1. Yippeeeee! You're online :D So, Indian Ocean - looks almost decadent.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're blogging and looking forward to hearing about more about your adventures. Hope things pick up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete