Thursday, June 17, 2010

what to do when things get hard

The past few days have been hard. Before I moved here I had certain expectations of how things would go and well lets just say that I've had to learn to adjust, and get over a lot. It's hard to change my way of thinking about how things should go.

Like time, time here does not work like I think it should. For example if you say you'll be somewhere at noon, it is more than acceptable for the person you're meeting to be half an hour late and they still think they're on time.

Or the large container of goods you buy from India that is supposed to be somewhere on June 15 doesn't actually come until July 20th well then the salon you moved half way around the world for just won't open when it's supposed to and you end up working out of your bosses mother in law's bedroom...well that's just part of living in Africa.

and I live here and not Canada.

I'm just going to have to remind myself about that Over and over and over...

1 comment: