Tuesday, June 1, 2010

half way there

I'm sitting in the Serviceair Lounge in Heathrow Airport looking out a window at a really ugly roof and a really ugly grey sky. I made it to Calgary with no problems had a decent dinner at the airport then got on my next flight only to find out that my carry on luggage wouldn't fit. I got it into the overhead compartment on the first flight with no problems, but for some reason I could not make it fit even though I was on a bigger plane. They were going to make me pay to check it but someone nice took pity on me and put it in a front closet. It was pretty a uneventful flight, not entirely sure how much I actually slept. I was sitting in the very front of the coach section next to a very giant man, and I'd offered him the aisle so he could stretch out his legs but he said no, then proceeded to not lean against the window, and since I had a pillow and could have benefitted greatly from something to lean it against I was not too impressed.

I'm feeling a little blue right now, the vodka tonic I'm drinking is either going to be a huge help or...I figured I paid 17pounds to get into this place and they only have bags of chips or alcohol so I want to feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I spent a few minutes walking around outside but it was soo busy and I am so tired that I just got a little overwhelmed and needed somewhere quiet to be.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you!
    Glad to hear you made it to London with all your luggage... by now you're probably in Africa :) Thinking of you lots!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you now? Waiting for news of your safe arrival...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete